A Motown Legend

Friday, November 19, 2010


I had been held hostage by work the last couple of weeks. Despite the busy weeks and weekends filled with expectations and deadlines, I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch a Motown performance by a LEGENDARY diva!!! This is one of a rare, rare perks which comes with my job! She is a mega super star, and was awesomely sensational last Saturday night at the Kuala Lumpur Hilton, where she performed. She had proofed that age, is NOT a factor. At 66, she is DIANA ROSS! Yes, I saw her live! Woohhhoooo!!! Ross performed here for a one-night only event presented by Enrich, the frequent flyer loyalty programme of Malaysia Airlines in celebration of its 10th anniversary gala dinner. When the clock hit 10pm (after a 3-course dinner was served), she belted out in vocal perfection, two words - "I'M...COMING" - from behind the stage. And immediately we knew the first song she was gonna sing!! Every single person cheered in utter excitement and moments later, she appeared on stage in true diva presence - decked in a long yellow fur coat, glittering dress and 3-inch heels, singing the upbeat "I'm Coming Out"! So, so apt! Ross reprised her songs from the days of The Supremes. She sang in total 20 songs, non stop for an hour. Her trademark big frizzy hairdo bespeaks her magnetic diva aura and stage presence. Wished I could post the video which I took of her singing 'You Can't Hurry Love', 'Why Do Fools Fall In Love' and 'Stop! In The Name of Love' - but unfortunately the size of my video is over 100MB thus I'm unable to upload it here. Anyway, here are some pictures on how great she looks at her age (yes, with make up, but she's still gorgeous!).




4 comments:

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

I love Diana Ross, her voice and all. Lucky you! I read about it in the papers that she was in town.

My garden haven said...

Wow, so fortunate to get that chance to see her. I've caught Cliff Richard in Gentings before, and that was a memorable concert.
Rosie

reanaclaire said...

wow..how wonderful to watch a live concert.. Diana Rosss.. she doesnt look a year older than her 30ss... she is 66 now? gosh...

Jacqueline Rosales said...

Hi,

I am currently looking for advertising partnerships on sites like yours myplacesandfacesjournal.blogspot.com. I believe you will be interested in the offer we have as we have many happy publishers and it is a great way to earn recurring income for your site.

Please email me back expressing your interest in this offer and I will send you through further emails.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon,


Jacqueline Rosales